Institutional Research, Analytics and Decision Support (IRADS)
The creation of the Institutional Research, Analytics and Decision Support (IRADS) team under the Vice Chancellor of Information Technology allows the University of Nebraska-Lincoln to leverage experience and expertise that already exists on campus, and provides in a data and technology environment that supports and encourages growth and excellence.Following University of Arizona and Purdue University successful models, we will gather together resources and people with expertise in campus data reporting, three dimensional analytical data models, reporting software and systems, and predictive modeling. This new research and reporting group will support and empower campus leaders to answer questions and make decisions that will guide UNL to our 2020 growth goals.
Vision StatementHelping people access and understand data for better decision making.
Mission StatementTo facilitate and support research and analytics needs in the areas of student information, budget, human resources and facilities through the integration of campus data, analytic and reporting tools and human expertise.
Core ValuesIntegrity -
IRADS prides itself on being honest, transparent, and open-minded.
IRADS works to be 100% accurate in all reporting and analysis.
IRADS continually improves efficiency through human expertise and modern technology.
BackgroundInstitutional Research, Analytics and Decision Support provides data analysis for decision making, policy development and review, and provides official data for internal and external audiences.
We provide analytic and reporting information related to:
- Resource allocation decisions;
- Establishing campus goals and objectives;
- Developing campus performance metrics;
- Developing enrollment management projections.
We empower people to seek, find, and understand information. We serve the university community to the best of our ability, embracing the highest levels of quality in service, communication, and professionalism.
- AAUDE (American Association of Universities Data Exchange)
- CCPE (State of Nebraska Coordinating commission for Postsecondary Education)
- Higher Learning Commission
- IPEDS (Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System)
- 12-month enrollment
- Academic Libraries Admissions
- Financial Aid
- Human Resources
- Institutional characteristics
- NU Central Budget Office
- NU Central IR office
- OFCCP (Office of Federal Contract Compliance Program)
- Public data requests
- United States Department of Education
- University of Nebraska Board of Regents
- University of Nebraska President
- UNL Academic Affairs
- UNL Academic Analytics
- UNL Campus Planning
- UNL Chancellor
- UNL Deans (Academic Colleges & Graduate Studies)
- UNL Insight Analytics
- UNL Online and Distance Education UNL Research
- UNL University Communications
- UNL University Departments (business offices, faculty, researchers)
Survey Responder forLinks to some of these surveys are on our Surveys page.
- AAUP Annual Faculty Salary Survey (Association of American University Professors)
- ACT Institutional Data Questionnaire
- ARL (Association of Research Libraries) Survey
- Barron’s Profiles Survey
- CCPE Distance Education Supplemental
- CCPE Enrollment Detail
- CGS/GRE Survey of Graduate Enrollment and Degrees (Council of Graduate Schools)
- CSRDE Graduation/Retention (Consortium for Student Retention Data Exchange)
- CUPA Administrative Salary Survey (College and University Professional Association)
- Delaware Study
- EWC Engineering and Technology Enrollments (Engineering Workforce Commission)
- EWC Professional Income of Engineers in Education (Engineering Workforce Commission)
- Fiske Guide
- GSS (Graduate Student Survey)
- Oklahoma State Faculty Salary Survey
- Peterson’s Annual Survey of Undergraduate Institutions
- Princeton Review Undergraduate Survey
- QS World University Rankings Survey
- Thompsen Reuters Profile Survey
- Times Higher Education World Ranking Survey
- U.S. News and World Report Survey
- University of Virginia Survey on State Appropriations per in-state students
- VSA Student Achievement Measure and College Portrait (Voluntary System of Accountability)
- Wintergreen Orchard
- Wyoming Tuition and Fees and Room and Board Survey
Data Types Collected and Cleansed
- Human Resources
- Institutional Organization Chart
- Section Location
- Sections with Instructor
- Student Enrollment
- Students in Sections
- Tuition Revenue